No desk top computer?

Neil Winchurst barnaby at drofle.com
Fri Feb 12 23:17:41 UTC 2010

Steve wrote:

> I know plenty of people that use laptops exclusively, sadly few with
> Linux, often for similar reasons to your self.
> The Live CD is the best test but, to narrow it down I would search with
> http://www.google.com/linux   the models of the laptops you fancy and see
> if there are are reports of problems.

Perhaps I should mention that I am now using a Presario laptop which I
was given (yes, that's right, given) recently. It is the first one I
have ever had, which led me to start this thread.

I installed Linux Mint Gloria Xfce and have had no problems so far.
However, if I do decide to get a more up to date and powerful one I will
certainly take your advice about making sure it is OK with Linux first.

Neil