No desk top computer?

Ross Schoenauer ross-s2 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 12 21:01:54 UTC 2010

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> We have lived in a fairly small house for over 7 years now. It was quite
> big enough for us, but we now seem to have acquired three grandchildren.
>   I use one of the bedrooms as a study where I have my desktop computer.
> With all the bits and pieces it takes up quite a lot of room so there is
> a bit of a palaver when we have visitors. Hints have been dropped!!
>
> So I am wondering about replacing the desktop with a (good sized) laptop
> computer. This leads me on to wonder if any list members do not use a
> desk top at all, and rely on a laptop only. Anyone? Anything to consider
> if I go down that route?
>
> Thanks
>
> Neil

Hang on to your desktop.  Laptops a pain, I have 4 of them.  I have my
quad-4 on the floor beside the table next to my recliner.  On the table
i have a 28" fp monitor and a HP all-in-one printer. Still have room for
a wireless phone and a coffee cup.  On the shelf below there is 3
speaker system.  Needless to say I use an on-screen keyboard most of the
time.  I really like this setup very much.
Best regards  Ross