Cropped Display

Tom Bell cbell44 at cfl.rr.com
Sun Feb 7 22:19:46 GMT 2010

dael at dael.de wrote:
> Hello
>
> I want to install kubuntu on my media pc and tried the recent live cd.
> The Desktop started properly but the screen configuration seems to be
> wrong. Display is a TV with resolution 1360*768 60Hz via HDMI, kubuntu
> sets the right resolution the refresh rate is 59.8Hz, maybe this is
> also right?!
>
> The problem is that the Desktop seems to be on the wrong position on
> the screen, the right quarter of the screen is black and on the left
> side the desktop is cropped.
>
> Any Ideas? If possible I want to fix this with the live CD before
> installiung on hard disk.
>
> Thanks
> Daniel

Did you try any other settings to see what happens?
What is your display card?
lshw |grep -nA 11 display
Do the above command at a commandline and include
the results in your reply.
Also,
uname -a

Tom

--
 Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  -- Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal), Roman Poet, late 1st, early 2nd century AD
("Who will protect us from the protectors?")