(K)ubuntu @ Asus Eee PC 1001HA - request for advise.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 15:06:18 UTC 2010

>> Perform tests with powertop and report your experience.
> Sounds useful. You aim at this?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powertop
> Is it in the regular repository or does has it already been installed
> by default? Or do I need to download and install it?

$ aptitude search powertop
p   powertop                               - Linux tool to find out
what is using power on a

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/

>>> What means here: 'to compose a window'?
> ....> to disable it you would disable the Compiz or Kwin effects.
>
> Pls. briefly explain how to disable them.

If you are using Compiz, then try ccsm or whatever you use to start
it. In Kwin, Composting can be disabled from System Settings ->
Desktop -> General -> Enable Desktop Effects

> With respect to the battery use, I will start another thread, when the
> new machine is here, up and running.

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

Please CC me if you want to be sure that I read your message. I do not
read all list mail.