Move clock ahead five minutes

Pastor JW pastor_jw at
Sat Feb 6 23:05:22 GMT 2010

On Friday 05 February 2010 2:37:07 am Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 19:13, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at> wrote:
> >> Maybe Dotan needs an extra 5 minutes to get out of the house on time :)
> >> My wife uses that trick on her watch and the kitchen clock and the one
> >> in the car.....
> >
> > Exactly!
> Well, this has been proven not to work, since you know you have set
> the clock wrong and will continue to count this in. I did this myself
> and I always thought "oh but the clock is 5 minutes fast anyway, I
> have plenty of time". Learning to be on time and scheduling everything
> 30 minutes ahead would be a much better solution. It is a learning
> process and you really must want to be on time. Do you miss trains and
> buses and flights, too? I bet not, so apparently you can be on time if
> there is no choice :)

I had a carpenter working for me once who was always seven to eight minutes
late to work.  I talked with him one day and suggested he try to leave his
house ten minutes earlier so as to arrive before work started for the day.  I
guess he thought about it till 10:00 am, the time of morning break, and came
to me stating he didn't need this abuse and walked off the job. I paid him
for his one hour and fifty minutes he actually put in that day.
Interestingly, neither myself or my 93 carpenters who were left, missed him
at all!  I have found arriving late is not fashionable at all if anyone
actually depends on you for anything.

73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403