(K)ubuntu @ Asus Eee PC 1001HA - request for advise.

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Sat Feb 6 12:01:47 UTC 2010

On 02/06/2010 10:36 AM, Bas Roufs wrote:

>>> You mean, it is better to shrink the Windows partition from within
>>> Windows in the way you explain above?
>>
>> Exactly! - Do not attempt to let Linux do it.
>
> One little questions remains: is 'defragment'  this typical Windows
> hard disk maintenance software - as explained in e.g. Wikipedia?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defragment
> For the rest, everything about this resizing issue is clear for me now.

Yes.
However the Windows defragment software is mediocre, to put
it mildly. ;-)

If you can make better use of wasted defragment time that
you get from MS, I recommend to use either auslogics
diskdefrag (free for private usage) or the opensource ultra
defrag utility.
They do the job WAY quicker!

Kind regards
Eberhard