(K)ubuntu @ Asus Eee PC 1001HA - request for advise.

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 09:49:24 UTC 2010

> I can not confirm this.
> Up to now,I repartitioned about 10 Win 7 installations (on
> Noteboos and Desktops, not on Netbooks, if that matters)
> with gparted and none was garbled.

It would be interesting to try to get an answer to the following
question: what exactly has caused such a difference with respect to
the outcome of different qparted partitioning attempts - while trying
to maintain a shrinked Win7 partition? Did you, Kaj, have your bad
luck at a netbook?Is there anything else we need to take into account?

> However I also strongly advise to always backup your data
> AND defragment your windows disk before repartitioning
> because disaster strikes. ;-).
About this, there is general consensus :-)

However it may be, thanks again everybody for all the useful input so far.

Respectfully yours,

Bas.