Strange Konqueror Problem

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 16:46:07 GMT 2010

On Sunday 31 January 2010 02:05:12 Tony Sivori wrote:
> Occasionally I archive web pages using Konqueror to archive the page with
> the .war file type.
>
> All was well until I made a back up of the folder containing the archived
> web pages. The back up was a simple copy and paste from one hard drive to
> a second hard internal drive on the same computer.
>
> When attempting to open any of the copied web archives, I get this error:
>
> "There appears to be a configuration error. You have associated
> Konqueror with application/x-webarchive, but it cannot handle this file
> type."
>
> This is with Kubuntu 8.04, 32 bit, KDE 3.5.10, Konqueror 3.5.10.
>
> Any ideas why this happens, and how to fix it?

You need the Web Archiver tool to be installed. On 9.10 this is provided by
konq-plugins but on 8.0 the package name might be konqueror-plugins or maybe
konqueror-plugin-minitools. Do a search for it:

apt-cache search "Web Archiver"

and make sure it is installed. Maybe purge it and reinstall. Also make sure
that the plugin is enabled in Konqueror.

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Olsen