kubuntu-users Digest, Vol 71, Issue 7

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Thu Dec 9 13:51:10 UTC 2010

On Thursday 09,December,2010 09:18 PM, rajubhai ramvani wrote:
> dear sir,
>
>      i installed kubuntu operating system 10.04 in my pc. and my
> username is rajuramvani and password is 123456789 .but i cant login in
> my pc .when i login my username is displaying and when i typed my
> password.then after i press the enter button.so display is restarting
> and asking same username and password.i tried oftenly  but this problem
> not solve so please advise me which is other procedure for  login .and
> solve this problem.
> rajuramvani.

Raju, looks like it's more likely a password issue than a system
problem. Your password contains all numerals. And the numlock may not be
on, try keying in the numbers using the top keys, not the number pads,
meaning use '1' below the '!', '2' below the '@' etc.  If still having
problem, see  http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/resetpassword and use a
simple password like 'abcde' (watch for caps) and if works, change back
to a better password later.

Regards - Goh Lip