Static address with network manager

I am me theunknownandrew at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 05:26:51 UTC 2010

On 30 August 2010 02:31, Christophe Guilbert <cguilbert at picasso.ucsf.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how to setup a static address using a GUI tool
> I used to do that very easily with any previous Kubuntu version.
> I am using network manager , I can set a new connection with a static IP
> address with network manager ("connect automatically" option checked) ,
> however each time I reboot my computer , I got a DHCP  address again ,
> the new connection never come first.
> How can a start this connection by default when I start the computer
>
> Also when I setup a new  connection , I had to setup this stupid kvallet
> passwrd which I DON"T want , how can I fix that
>
> Thanks a lot for any help

To tell you the truth, I have been facing the same issues over Static IP's
and had queried over this @
http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3106444.0
But that was on Jaunty, and now have no issues on Karmic

I guess we could learn from the post @
http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3100052.0

Also the other part about KWallet, that is something that I want to
get rid off too,
and was at the back of my mind. Thank you for reminding me about it.
I'll find more info on how to go about it and post my results

--
  & RU  d*_*b
  Ex - Sun Microsystems employee