Static address with network manager

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Mon Aug 30 06:07:26 UTC 2010

I am me wrote:
> Also the other part about KWallet, that is something that I want to
> get rid off too,
> and was at the back of my mind. Thank you for reminding me about it.
> I'll find more info on how to go about it and post my results

The kwallet part is easy. Run the command "kwalletmanager", right click
on the kdewallet icon and select the option "change password". Don't
enter a password and click OK. That will open a message box with a long
warning about security blah blah blah with the possibility to use the
new (empty) password anyway. Click "yes" and you won't be asked for the
kwallet password again.

Nils