32 bit vs 64 bit

Reinhold Rumberger rrumberger at web.de
Tue Aug 24 16:24:25 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 24 August 2010, Nils Kassube wrote:
> BHASKAR SHARMA.N wrote:
> > better installing 32 bit as it's better than X64...which's
> > buggy....
>
> I'm sure you can back up that allegation with many launchpad
> entries for bug reports specific to the 64 bit version of
> Kubuntu. However I'm not affected by any 64 bit bugs on my
> machines and therefore I can't agree with you here. Maybe it
> depends more on the applications in use than on the system in
> general. On one of my machines I have both 32 and 64 bit versions
> installed and I don't notice a real difference. Therefore my
> suggestion to the original question would be to install 32 bit
> _and_ 64 bit and try out both. That would be two separate
> installations though and I don't know if the OP has sufficient
> space for them on the harddisk.

I originally didn't want to butt in on this, but since I've been
eyeing 64bit for a while now, and you claim not to have any problems
with it, I would just like to ask one quick question:
My main problem with installing a 64bit version of Kubuntu so far has
been flash. Are you saying that flash is working fine for you? I
don't have much use for it, but in those cases where I need it, I'd
really like it to work...

  --Reinhold