32 bit vs 64 bit

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Aug 24 11:35:40 UTC 2010

BHASKAR SHARMA.N wrote:
> better installing 32 bit as it's better than X64...which's buggy....

I'm sure you can back up that allegation with many launchpad entries for
bug reports specific to the 64 bit version of Kubuntu. However I'm not
affected by any 64 bit bugs on my machines and therefore I can't agree
with you here. Maybe it depends more on the applications in use than on
the system in general. On one of my machines I have both 32 and 64 bit
versions installed and I don't notice a real difference. Therefore my
suggestion to the original question would be to install 32 bit _and_ 64
bit and try out both. That would be two separate installations though
and I don't know if the OP has sufficient space for them on the
harddisk.

Nils