Separate activity for each desktop in 4.5?

Reinhold Rumberger rrumberger at
Sat Aug 14 19:51:23 BST 2010

On Saturday 14 August 2010, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-08-14 at 19:03 +0200, Reinhold Rumberger wrote:
> > > It is checked, but I have been unable to find where I can
> > > select the background image to use.
> >
> > Right click on the desktop and select the settings entry (it's
> > the last entry here).
> Gene, you're gonna love this. I just did as Reinhold suggested and
> find that there is only one desktop background in the stock
> install. You have to ADD more images before you can install a
> different desktop background. Makes sense, when you have only
> one, that nothing will change or be added. Just click on the
> desktop and chose desktop settings, then add wallpapers. Add a
> few, select one and click OK. Move to the next desktop and you'll
> find it displays the old one, which you can then change to a
> different wallpaper. And then the next...
> Piece O cake. I haven't added anything else, nor downloaded any
> utility... ergo it ain't broke. :) Enjoy! Ric

There are some very pretty wallpapers supplied with KDE, but it seems
they weren't installed on your system for some reason. You might want
to check you package manager for packages with "wallpaper" in their
name (especially the package "kdebase-workspace-wallpapers").