Howto: Empathy Training, Anger Management for improving communication & assistance in FSW community - was: Re: CiscoLinksys - Ric Moore +=1. Sensible man. ... ; jor kubuntu

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Wed Aug 4 00:58:21 UTC 2010

On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 20:49:05 -0400, "Ric Moore" <wayward4now at gmail.com>
said:
> On Sun, 2010-08-01 at 17:36 -0700, giovanni_re wrote:
> > On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 14:18:48 -0400, "Ric Moore" <wayward4now at gmail.com>
> > said:
> > > To call his
> > > problem a rant denigrates the OP and minimizes his problem. Ric
> >

> > Ric Moore +=1
> >
> > Sensible man.
>
> I was forced to take "Empathy Training". That, and "Anger Management".
> It's a whole new world, I was "CURED". <cackles>  Ric

This is very interesting.

You have acquired knowledge that enables your mind to comprehend
significant situations better, & know how to respond better.

Also, that knowledge isn't currently widespread in both the world, & in
the free sw community, I suspect.

=
I suspect the KUbuntu, ... Free SW communities, would be better off if
you helped spread this knowledge in relevant formats:

The topic would be something like:  "Howto: Empathy Training, and Anger
Management for improving communication & assistance in the Free SW
community."

=
Here are some educational items you could create:

1) An email to KU & U lists.

2) Write a micro howto & put it on the GNU(Linux) Documentation Project
site.

3) Make a webcam video, & put it at YouTube or InternetArchive, or
someplace relevant.

=
Ric: I encourage you to do that.  Take it one step at a time - write a 1
page email sized howto, & send that to this list.  Then, step it forward
as you have the time.

I think it would be great for the world.  :)

I think, as I suspect that you do also,  that the person you responded
to meant well.  But, he didn't have the education to
1) properly identify the key components of the situation, & thus
2) misidentifying the key situation components, his response wasn't
anywhere near as useful as he was probably capable of making.

I suspect that, lacking learnable knowledge you have, many people here,
& in the free sw community, could benefit from an effort you make to
provide that knowledge to these communities.

Best wishes, good luck in any effort you make to do that.  If you do
step 1 above, or anything, please email me a note.  Thanks.

:)

==  Join in the Global weekly meetings, via VOIP, about all Free SW HW & Culture