KDE and MobileMe

Valerio Mariani valerio.mariani at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 16:25:08 UTC 2010

Dear all,

      I am Valerio Mariani from Switzerland, a long time KDE user and new to
the mailing list. I found a problem with the latest beta version of Kubuntu
10.4. MobileMe's iDisk does not work. iDisk is a cloud-based file-storage
service (a la Dropbox) from Apple. It can be accessed using WebDav. On
Gnome-based ubuntu, with, Nautilus, you can easily add the iDisk as a remote
folder. With KDE, using konqueror, I get an error. I use:

webdavs://<username>@idisk.mac.com:443/<username>

I get a 'Wait for reply" message at the bottom, but after around 1 minute,
Knoqueror spits out a message that goes:

The requested operation could not be completed.

<...>

The specified file or folder <username> does not exists

<...>

Additional Information: webdav://www.me.com/idisk

(Please notice the Addtional Information. It seems that some redirection is
taking place. Nautilus, as I said, deals with it correctly).

I can testify that:

1) Several people let me know that konqueror works with other WebDav
services (for eample GMX), so the problem seems to be iDisk-specific.

2) It used to work in ord versions of KDE

3) I can mount the iDisk just fine using the davfs file system

Has anybody encountered the same problem?

             Valerio