Wireless problem with 10.4 beta

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Tue Apr 6 17:40:11 UTC 2010

I have two laptops:

Toshiba -  with both  10.4  and 9.10  loaded.

eeePC -  with both 10.4 and 9.10 loaded.

When 9.10  is booted on either laptop,  wicd works fine...  which would
validate that the hardware and the router and all other necessary items are
correct.  (and that I at least was able to configure things for 9.10)

When  10.4 beta is booted,  the hardware on both  'sees' the wireless card,
sees the router, is able to get the info from the router (encryption used,
ssid, etc)  but they don't connect.  Seems to bomb out in the validation
phase.  Even if I set the router to 'unsecured', they still will not connect.

I normally use WPA2 but have tried WEP and unsecured.  It goes through all the
motions with the router, but fails.

Anyone else having this problem?