media players and browser plugins, KDE 4.3

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 10:45:52 UTC 2009

Am trying out KDE 4.3 in Kubuntu 9.10 Alpa.
Most things work surprisingly well given it is an alpha.

I can however not figure out how to get browser plug-ins for medias such
as Realplayer and Windows Media Player installed?

I wanted to listen to BBC World and played around with Amarok - no luck.
in "old" Amarok I could paste in an URL but that does not seem to exist
(yet?) in Amarok 2.

Then tried via Konqueror, Arora and Firefox. No luck. All of them report
no such plug-ins installed (well Arora I dont know how to check).

Finally tried via Kaffeine - and it works there...

So the query is: how to get plug-ins for restricted formats installed
for Amarok and/or web browsers?

Regards,
Sinclair