Somebody SURE loves them some kblocks

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 16:59:05 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 08:50 -0400, Clay Weber wrote:
> On Friday 30 October 2009 12:57:42 am Ric Moore wrote:
> > I tried to remove this little innocuous stinker of a game and it wants
> > to remove KDE-FULL. Huh, just checked that package, before I hit the
> > shiny red-button, and that seems to include my whole $%^& KDE desktop.
> > Just wondered who has the brain today and if they would PLEASE pass it
> > around?? Cannot someone make it a rule to NOT dEsTrOy the user's
> > installation when removing a package??
> >
> > That would be very nice. Especially for a newb that spent a week
> > dnloading kubuntu, via a tin can in a third world country, and then
> > hoses the entire install removing "Hunt The Wumpus".
> >
> > Can we be mindful and "JUST SAY NO!" ?? We need a "No Delete Desktop"
> > Czar (Dept of Homeland NDD) to oversee these things.  X{ Ric
> >
> kde-full? That package is a meta-package it is used simply to depend on
> other packages. it isn't usually installed, or necessary - it basically tells
> the package manager to install literally the entire set of KDE packages. I
> believe it is a 	Debian thing that gets carried over.
>
> Maybe run the the command line to remove the game and post the results
> so we can see exactly what is happening? When I try removing the game, it
> only wants to remove itself and the meta-package kdegames.

Wouldn't just removing itself be sufficient??? That's all I wanted it to
do, not dink with anything else, even meta-packages. It's scary as heck
to see KDE-FULL invoked and I'm not about to beta-test it's removal.

I may be ignorant but I don't want to be stupid. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987