sbackup - anyone using?

clay weber claydoh at midmaine.com
Fri Oct 16 19:35:10 UTC 2009

alan c wrote:
> Anyone using sbakup in kubuntu please?
>
> It looks like it is made for gnome not kde, and when it runs in
> kubuntu (8.04) a lot of the configuration options are greyed out, I
> guess because it is in kde no gnome.
>
> Comments appreciated

Yes, sbackup is an Ubuntu-based utility, and is gnome-based.

I have not used it in a while, but I used to use it as my main backup
tool with no issue - not sure if I stopped using it pre- hardy opr
sometime before Intrepid. The app itself has not been updated since May
of 2007.

I just installed it in karmic, and all the options are available to me.
perhaps you have some missing dependencies? I suggest looking in your
menu editor for the app's entry to find the command line to use, and
plug that into a terminal to see if it spits out any error message about
missing 'blah' or can't find 'foo'

clay