CRT monitors VS Laptop stuff

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 20:53:15 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 11:31 +0100, Mark Greenwood wrote:
> On Monday 05 Oct 2009 02:03:23 tortise at paradise.net.nz wrote:

There has to be some power saving thing going on that ain't right. I can
crank up Sauerbraten and quit, the display is perfect. Nice and crisp.
Then I go into evolution and the display fades, ...just a touch. Enough
to be noticeable. Enough to be irritating. Of course, Karmic is very
much Beta, but I would like to figure out which package to bring to
someone's attention. In the KDEsetup thingie, I have power saving set to
off. I just deleted every Xorg driver that ain't nVidia. Then I deleted
those and used the driver straight from Nvidia. I deleted every package
that claims to be a laptop power saver/battery watchdog. No diff, I
still get a touch of "fog". But, it cleans right up after an OpenGL
game. Weird. Ric