Ripping CDs

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Mon Nov 30 08:38:52 UTC 2009

Hi all,

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 08:03, O. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark Greenwood wrote:

> I have real problems with this. I tried to rip audio-cd during the
> weekend (was offline so no support available) and when I open an audiocd
> in Dolphin I do not see any MP3 folder. An OGG  and FLAC but no MP3.

Are you absolutely sure you have the codecs installed? Those are in
the package kubuntu-restricted-extras.

> Trying to rip using Amarok, K3B or SoundKonverter failed - none of them
> seem to understand where the files reside though they list them.

In Amarok, once the CD is inserted, it shows in the Local Music
section, right click on the CD header, choose "Copy to collection" and
follow the instructions in the dialog, you can select the format
there.

If all this doesn't work, then you maybe have a faulty CD.

@Reinhold: of course you can mount any CD as a Data CD, it will just
show the same content as the Audio CD one does

Regards, Myriam.

http://www.fsfe.org