can't connect to hidden ssid on karmic

Clay Weber claydoh at midmaine.com
Mon Nov 30 01:44:12 UTC 2009

On Sunday 29 November 2009 05:58:07 pm pkaplan1 at comcast.net wrote:
> I know that it has been difficult (impossible?) to connect to a hidden ssid
>  using either network manager or wicd from kde with both jaunty and karmic
>  due to some bug (shame on Canonical for not fixing for karmic). Is there a
>  solution to this bug (short of unhiding the ssid broadcast name)? Paul

If both Wicd and networkmanager cannot connect to a hidden essid, then
possibly there is some other problem?

Well, maybe not, as I have just seen one bug report on Wicd not working for
this :( though only 2 people have commented on it:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wicd/+bug/473817

Have you tried the gnome networkmanager applet?
--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net