Amarok 2.2/1.4

Bas Roufs basroufs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 13:50:36 UTC 2009

Hey Lisi :-)

I had already thought that I had done all this using aptitude,

Aptitude is also very useful for such work - it is one of my favourite
packages, good to have it next to KPackagekit and other graphical package
managers.  Especially when I need to handle a big bunch of updates, aptitude
works better than graphical package managers so far.

> and it had
> failed.  But I went through your steps - and package manager told me that
> it
> had all already been done.  I then tried Amarok again - and guess what I
> had
> done wrong??  I had failed to restart the computer!!!  (I turned it off
> while
> I was briefly out of the house.)  So your instructions (your first lot) had
> already worked!!  So sorry to have spoilt the ship for such a small
> ha'porth
> of tar and put you to so much extra trouble.  And thank you for helping.

You're welcome, no problem, I know how difficult finding a way in Linux
sometimes is.....And I appreciate myself getting help for my blind
spots.......

> Now you must excuse me while I turn cartwheels round the garden.

Your (British? American?) English is really funny and apparently native :-).
What means in this context 'to turn cartwheels round the garden'?

However it may be, I am glad that you found a way out of your deadlock.

Warm greetings,

Bas.