Amarok 2.2/1.4

Lisi lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 13:25:31 UTC 2009

On Friday 27 November 2009 12:46:27 Bas Roufs wrote:
> *Hello Lisi

Hello, Bas :-)

> In your first mail of this thread, you mentioned that you work with Kubuntu
> Karmic. So do I, so I am happy to guide you now step-by-step in case you
> are on line.

How very kind and generous of you to take so much time and trouble.

I had already thought that I had done all this using aptitude, and it had
failed.  But I went through your steps - and package manager told me that it
had all already been done.  I then tried Amarok again - and guess what I had
done wrong??  I had failed to restart the computer!!!  (I turned it off while
I was briefly out of the house.)  So your instructions (your first lot) had
already worked!!  So sorry to have spoilt the ship for such a small ha'porth
of tar and put you to so much extra trouble.  And thank you for helping.  Now
you must excuse me while I turn cartwheels round the garden.

Thanks in advance - sorry.  I should remember that acronyms are not
international.

> *i hope these instructions will help.

They did :-))

Now for those cartwheels.  (I have left everything basically untrimmed below
this for the elucidation of others and the archives.)

Gratefully yours,
Lisi