KDE Console freezes arbitrarily under Karmic/AMD64 - GNOME unaffected

Rosalind Mitchell enitharmon at golgonooza.co.uk
Wed Nov 25 22:05:33 UTC 2009

Ok - I've just spent an incident-free two-and-a-half hours working in
KDE.  At the start of the session I went into system settings and set
the default web browser to Firefox.  Since then I've used mail and
usenet, referred heavily to the web, and done some Perl work in Kate.
No problems at all.

I haven't tried self-immolating by trying to load Konqueror yet, but
there is a slight suggestion that the answer may lie there.  I'd remove
it altogether except that I can't without removing all of KDE with it.
I think there are a couple of rogue applications that load Konqueror
even if the SystemsSettings say otherwise.

I'm going back in there now, to add a couple more applications so see if
they cause problems.

Rosie