Network browsing

Mark Traceur marktraceur at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 21:07:01 UTC 2009

> However, I am unable to get it to actually view anything. If I click on the
> Network icon, I can see the computers on my network, but clicking on one of
> those brings up another icon of type workgroup manager. Clicking on that icon,
> I'm asked what I want to open it with.

I'm pretty sure they're all Samba shares, since FTP and SSH are
usually dealt with in the terminal. If you don't have any samba shares
on your network, well, that's probably why you can't open anything.

If you *do* have samba shares, you can put them in your fstab like so:
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/configure-a-system-to-automount-a-samba-share-with-etcfstab/

--

Microsoft does half the work that Open Source developers do, and they
get all the money. Where's the justice there?

I've been looking at picassa web albums to backup all my photos ($20 a
year for 80 Gigs), and...  -
http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/a3dpg/ive_been_looking_at_picassa_web_albums_to_backup/