Two problems that are not *B*U*G*S*

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun Nov 8 07:58:55 UTC 2009

Charles T. Bell wrote:
> Apparently, since my system does not crash, according to
> Launchpad, I do not have a bug.

:)

> 1. When setting the panel to "hidden" it stays hidden no matter what.
>     This did NOT happen under JJ or any previous version.

Just to clarify: I suppose you mean the setting to hide the panel
automatically and get it back if you move the cursor to the place of the
panel.

> 2. Only two desktops are allowed under System Settings.
>     This did not happen previous to KK.
> Since upgrading to kubuntu 9.10, KK and KDE 4.3.2 (now KDE 4.3.3)
> I have had both problems consistently (interminably).
> Has anyone a secret to correct this situation?

I don't see those problems here, so it could be unique for your machine.
However I sometimes had strange behaviour of individual settings after
version upgrades. If that happens I try to locate the config file for
that particular setting (should be somewhere in "$HOME/.kde/share/") and
remove that file. Then after the next login the settings could be
changed as expected. For your first problem that would be the file
"$HOME/.kde/share/config/plasme-desktoprc" and for the second
"$HOME/.kde/share/config/kwinrc". If you want to only test if that helps
(after all the cause of the problem might be somewhere else), you could
rename the files instead of removing them.

Nils