Sound dead after upgrade

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 05:05:31 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-01 at 23:26 -0500, Jerry Lapham wrote:
> On Sunday 01 November 2009 11:05:51 pm Paul Lemmons wrote:
>
> > Kevin B. O'Brien wrote:
> > > This particular upgrade has caused me no end of problems with sound on
> > > every system I upgraded. Some of them I was able to fix, but one that is
> > > getting me right now concerns no sound in any of my movies (mpg, avi,
> > > etc.). I used to have sound there, but the upgrade seems to have
> > > convinced the system that none of my sound devices exist. Any idea where
> > > I can start to resolve this one?
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> >
> > Is the lack of sound isolated to the movies or is it dead all over. If
> > it is just movies what player are you using? Is the volume turned up on
> > the player?
>
> I installed 9.10 on an empty partition and I'm not getting sound from
> Flashplayer on Firefox.  I'm also not getting sound or video from .wmv files.

I had that happen several weeks ago, ergo my previous rant.

I >think< what finally cured it was to delete .asoundconf and a reboot.
It's become all magic to me. This was after waving a chicken foot (I
resulted to voodoo magic), whining on this list and wasting a perfectly
good Sunday fixing what had worked previously. Ah, the smell of
progress! It's like napalm in the morning on my fading brain. X{ Ric

p/s Gene, what worked for you???

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987