Leaving the list vs. using a kill file. WAS: About KDE again

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Wed May 27 01:45:25 BST 2009

On Tuesday 26 May 2009 3:19:03 pm Ian L. Target wrote:
> marc wrote:
> >
> > Luckily in this world, we can choose whose company we keep. So, I'm
> > leaving this list.
>
> Wouldn't it have been easier to put his name/email address in the "kill
> file" or whatever your email client's equivalent is?  Just curious.

Yes, it is easier but of course it doesn't work as someone will quote the
message you killed.  Usually over and over and over again as no trimming will
be done either!  Kmail has a great filter system and I've created several
nice filters for it over the years.  I think the html to trash was the first
one.  Plonk filters followed quickly thereafter.  Top posting so far is done
manually per case with the perp just added to the existing plonk file but as
an added bonus for your work, it takes the same guy out of every maillist you
are on.  But of course you are not directly bothered by the original message
either so one can take a little satisfaction for that!!

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org