KDE4.3 beta issues

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue May 26 23:57:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 23:43 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > We did - loudly and often (and _before_ the release of Intrepid).  I can't
> > see that it did any good.
>
> I know. *bunut, Suse, and some other distros really were irresponsible
> on that one. The only major distro that included KDE 4.0 that I
> _don't_ feel was irresponsible was Fedora. Fedora's mission statement
> is to test the newest technologies.

Yup, and they follow the mantra of "release early and often". So, at
times, you wound up with a borked mess, that diverts one's attention
from doing what they do, to fixing all the latest fixes. I don't recall
"live with a borked mess" anywhere in Mark Shuttelworth's Mission
Statement either. It might not be a bad idea to just let Fedora work out
the bugs and then wait a couple more months for things to really shake
out, THEN package that up to use here.

Heh, I remember on the Fedora list when some Ubuntu user would post
about how "Ubuntu JUST WORKS! It ALWAYS works! You don't know what
you're MISSING!" and we loathed them. Came to find out that they were
right. Hardy was/is a dreamboat. I can't say that for Intrepid at the
first. Once I'm through with my own dev cycle, I'll free up my spare
partition and load Jaunty. Maybe I just still have a case of the Fedora
Syndrome Jitters. Once bitten, twice shy. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987