KDE4.3 beta issues

Jason Straight jason at jeetkunedomaster.net
Tue May 26 21:07:44 UTC 2009

On 05/26/2009 02:21 PM, Derek Broughton wrote:
> We did - loudly and often (and_before_  the release of Intrepid).  I can't
> see that it did any good.

The issue is that Kubuntu isn't in it to offer the most stable system,
kubuntu is whatever ubuntu releases with at the time along with the
latest KDE available when ubuntu releases.

While KDE 4.0 did suck, the kubuntu team did exactly as they pledged to
to, released an ubuntu with the latest KDE available. If stability is of
key concern then stick with LSB releases. KDE 4 WAS clearly labeled as
not for general use and yet everyone went and downloaded it with kubuntu
too. It's not just kubuntu's fault, in fact they did exactly what they
always have.

Personally I lay the blame at KDE's feet for that turd, it's one thing
to have a .0 release with a few bugs, it's another thing to release a .0
that's barely alpha quality.