flash for Firefox (64-bit jaunty)?

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Tue May 26 15:09:54 BST 2009

Doc,
> If I click on "plug-ins" in FF, I see one called "Shockwave Flash" 10.0r22.
If you enter 'about:plugins' you will see more info.
Amongst the other stuff there, I have:

Shockwave Flash

    File name: libflashplayer.so
    Shockwave Flash 9.0 r31

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash 	Shockwave Flash 	swf 	Yes
application/futuresplash 	FutureSplash Player 	spl 	Yes

AND
Shockwave Flash

    File name: npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
    Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash 	Shockwave Flash 	swf 	Yes
application/futuresplash 	FutureSplash Player 	spl 	Yes

That's TWO FLASH-RELATED things. Dunno what the heck that means. I only did a
generic:
apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras
and
apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras (while I was trying gnome out)

hth,
\d

--
home: http://otherwise.relics.co.za/