Plone3-site no more works (Jaunty and Karmic alpha1)

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Tue May 19 13:47:54 UTC 2009

Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:

> I'm no more able to use plone in Kubuntu.
>
> Looking at the plone log I see that it fails because the python-imaging
> package is missing.
>
> The problem is that plone/zope2.10 are tied to python2.4, but
> python-imaging (and also other packages I need like python-ldap) are
> installed only in python2.5 and python2.6
>
> Any hint to resolve this problem?

You bet.  You _are_ using buildout, I trust.  Fortunately, I'd already been
using this solution (for PIL at least - I don't know about python-ldap, but
for libxml2-python, I just added it to the eggs list and added it's tarball
URL to "find-links") for my Windows Plone installs.  Add to your
buildout.cfg:

parts =
    PIL

[PIL]
# Build egg with Chris McDonough's custom packaging of
# setuptools-compatibile PIL
# http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.devel/13999
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
find-links = http://dist.repoze.org/