Jaunty: How to install a USB printer? really <OT>

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat May 16 06:14:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 12:14 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 15 May 2009, Ric Moore wrote:
> >On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 23:14 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> So don't blame it on kde4 style printers, its all of them AFAIK.  This
> >> epson is nearly a decade old, and the Stylus Pro in front of it was the
> >> same way in 1994.
> >
> >My old Teletype 43 and my NEC Spinwriter 5525 could print boxes of
> >printer paper on one cartridge. I almost miss them!
> >http://www.atariarchives.org/bcc3/showpage.php?page=287
> >Can't find a pic of the Spinwriter!
>
> IIRC that TT-43 used a fabric cartridge ribbon and I know the Spinwriter did.

The film cartridges were for fine high quality print, which looked
glossy and almost raised. IIRC that on the Spinwriter you had to set a
toggle when using film as it was a once-through and would barely inch
the ribbon along. You couldn't reuse it.

Using the ribbon, it worked in an endless loop, until it just had no
more ink left in it. Darn if I wouldn't like to have that old Spinwriter
back, as it made beautiful print jobs using the film cartridge. Any one
got one that still works?? I'll give it a home! Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987