Kubuntu Covered in Ubuntu Book

William von Hagen vonhagen at vonhagen.org
Wed May 13 11:36:24 UTC 2009

The "Ubuntu 8.10 Bible" discusses Kubuntu in detail, both the KDE 3 and
KDE 4-based versions. It also discusses KDE applications, as you might
hope, but the discussion of these apps currently focuses on the KDE 3
versions, because these were more stable and "standard" at the time that
the book was written. KDE 4-specific apps are also discussed. The book
also, of course, covers the standard Ubuntu GNOME stuff. The book is
over 1100 pages long, and includes 14 extra chapters on one of the two
CDs that come with it.

Though some will view this as a shameless plug (since I am the author of
this book), I'm posting this message because it's time that Kubuntu got
some love, and because I wanted to make sure that Kubuntu users knew
that such a resource for a great distribution existed. Adding this
content was inspired by mail that I received from people on this list
(among others), and though I realize the irony of an 8.10 book coming
out recently, I will try to type faster in the future. Updates will
focus on KDE 4, since we all know that it is indeed the future.

Comments appreciated, flames to /dev/null.

   Bill