Find

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 10 23:09:43 UTC 2009

On Sunday 10 May 2009 06:36:41 pm Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> On Mon, 11 May 2009 04:19:30 am Nils Kassube wrote:
> > ust don't do it, you don't gain anything but you may lose your data.
> > Seriously, I can't understand why people think that primary partitions
> > might be better than extended / logical partitions. Do they think they
> > are smarter than the Ubuntu developers who choose to setup an extended
> > partion during the installation?
>
> Agree *100%* Very high risk of losing everything.
Thanks.  Actually I had a very enlightening day.  I now have useful permanent
memories that will help me to bother the list a bit less.  I take this advice
and will not do as you fear.  Nonetheless I understand more and will correct
all the prior problems soon.

I purchased a HDD large enough to contain all my current data.  It will arrive
in a couple of days.

When it gets here, I will create suitable partitions with proper addresses.
Then I will configure to the consensus of all who have helped, to the best of
my ability.  Then I will make a final fresh install of Jaunty, configure it to
automatically save to the appropriate storage partitions, and Back-up all
important data to a Drive exclusive for Back-ups.

I will create a 200gb HDD for virtual boxes to learn other Linux OS's and to
conduct whatever experiments I wish without jeopardizing my data.  All this,
thanks to you all.

Steven