Find

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 10 22:28:35 UTC 2009

On Sunday 10 May 2009 02:19:30 pm Nils Kassube wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
> > From another adviser of the List, I have been told to change my
> > partitions from currently primary  boot partition, Extended partition
> > containing 2 storage partitions plus the swap partition to four
> > primary partitions.  I am not sure how to do that without losing
> > data.
>
> Just don't do it, you don't gain anything but you may lose your data.
> Seriously, I can't understand why people think that primary partitions
> might be better than extended / logical partitions. Do they think they
> are smarter than the Ubuntu developers who choose to setup an extended
> partion during the installation?
>

> Nils
It gets very difficult some times, especially when two of the people I respect
most on the list are of opposite belief.  I like you both so much, that when I
have to make the final decision, I won't be able to say, or the other will
think I respect him more.

A curiosity for my own understanding though.  Is there a limit to how many
logical partitions can be located within an Extended partition?  I have
sufficient media in my artwork to want to separate them by partitions rather
than just folders.  It isn't critical, but would have an impact on my
decision.  I have worked 11 media over the past 60 years.

Cheers friend,

Steven