Find

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Sun May 10 18:19:30 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> From another adviser of the List, I have been told to change my
> partitions from currently primary  boot partition, Extended partition
> containing 2 storage partitions plus the swap partition to four
> primary partitions.  I am not sure how to do that without losing
> data.

Just don't do it, you don't gain anything but you may lose your data.
Seriously, I can't understand why people think that primary partitions
might be better than extended / logical partitions. Do they think they
are smarter than the Ubuntu developers who choose to setup an extended
partion during the installation?

Nils