Can anybody confirm this bug

Sascha Güthling guethling at googlemail.com
Tue May 5 17:20:54 BST 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca> wrote:
> marc wrote:
>
>> Sascha Güthling said:
>>
>>> I just filed this bug report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/371732
>>>
>>> Can anybody help to confirm it?
>>
>> For achival purposes:
>>
>>   HDD connection error after suspend to ram
>>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/371732
>>

>> After a Suspend to Disk the system wakes up but is unusable.
>>
>> ata1: exception Emask 0x10 Sact 0x0 Serr 0x4000000 action 0xe frozen
>> ata1: irq_stat 0x00000040, connection status changed
>> ata1: SError: { DevExch }
>> ata2: exception Emask 0x10 Sact 0x0 Serr 0x4000000 action 0xe frozen
>> ata2: irq_stat 0x00000040, connection status changed
>> ata2: SError: { DevExch }
>> System info:
>> HP dv4-1120us, 4GB Ram, 250GB SATA HDD
>> Kubuntu 9.04 64bit installed with WIBU under Windows Vista 64bit
>> Kernel Version: 2.6.27-11-generic
>
> OK, I can say (a) this never happens to me, and (b) you have a few
> significant differences from my setup anyway, but it looks familiar.
>
> I am not using wubi (and _did_ have issues with it that could be related)
> and I'm 32-bit.
>
> However, I got errors like this when my BIOS was in the wrong mode for my
> drive (AHCI?  I can't recall, and I don't much feel like rebooting to
> check).  If you have such a setting, try toggling it.
>
> btw, your first line says "suspend to ram" and your description says
> "Suspend to Disk" - which is it?
> --
> derek

1st: It has to be "Suspend to Ram" thanks for finding the typo. I
corrected the bug report already.

2nd: I just updated my BIOS and the problem seems to be gone. I'll
test a bit more before I can really confirm that, but in two attempts
the laptop woke up without disk errors.
I don't have any options to change the mode of the disk in the BIOS
though. Maybe they changed it without notice.

Cheers
Sascha