Where are the uninstalled packages after installation of Kubuntu 9.04

Clay Weber claydoh at midmaine.com
Fri May 1 21:34:58 UTC 2009

On Friday 01 May 2009 5:22:50 pm thudfoo at gmail.com wrote:
> I installed Kubuntu 9.04 from a DVD. I ran it first in Live mode, installed
> the kppp package from the DVD through Add/Remove Software, then configured
> and connected through my external modem. All seemed well. Today I again did
> a new install from the DVD. After doing so, kppp is not shown in the
> Add/Remove Software section of System Settings. Indeed, no uninstalled
> packages are shown at all. What can I do now? I want to able to
> view/install uninstalled packages.

They are on the dvd. But  you may have to check out the software sources config
to make sure that the cdrom is enabled. it isn't enabled by default because
most people don't keep their install disk in the drive all the time :)
Once you enable the cdrom there, and refresh, you should be able to install
packages from the disk
--
Clay Weber
http://kubuntuforums.net