RESOLVED Re: Wine doesn't work in my Intrepid 64bit KDE 4.2 OS.

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 6 22:02:16 UTC 2009

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Steven Vollom wrote:
>
>> I don't know if my problem is with Wine or Intrepid or KDE 4.2.  Anyone
>> have experience with this problem?  I much prefer the e-Sword
>> application over the one in our repositories.
>>

> Steven, you have to provide a lot more information if you want people to
> help.  Are you using wine from the repos?  Run:
>
> wine --version
>
> Then, what happens when you try to start e-Sword using wine from the
> terminal?
>
> Matt Flaschen

Apparently it was OK.  I got error messages when I installed and also
had trouble installing my first package.  But when I downloaded e-Sword,
it downloaded and installed perfectly.  Sorry to bother the List with
this one.  In time I will get much better at this stuff.   Thanks for
trying; I appologize for wasting your and others time.

Steven