command for downloading a package to save

Lisi Reisz lisi.reisz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 07:14:53 UTC 2009

On Monday 15 June 2009 04:30:46 Steven Vollom wrote:
> On Saturday 13 June 2009 05:30:58 pm Willy K. Hamra wrote:
> > Steven Vollom wrote:
> > > A virus has blocked me from sending emails, from communicating with my
> > > ISP, and now from downloading an application that may fix the problem.
> > > How can I download Klamov to a file, so I can copy it on a thumb drive
> > > and install it on my infected computer?

> Even now, those of you who may be
> able to advise how I might download virus removal software so that I can
> make a copy of it and install it on the infected computer have not made an
> offer of the information.

Steven,

I have already - 4 or 5 hours ago - told you how to run a virus checker on
your "infected" computer using a live CD, and someone else has told you how
to do it by downloading the relevant .debs and transferring them onto
the "infected" computer with a USB key.  Eberhard has offered to help you
sort out your network.

No-one on this list has an obligation to help you.  Once is often enough to
ask, twice if you are really pushed.  Since you do not accept the advice you
are given, why should people go on giving it?

Lisi