Ubuntu or Kubuntu

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 20:43:16 UTC 2009

>> For the same reason they start from Windows. Save the best for last.
>>
>> --
>> Dotan Cohen

I think the real answer is to first  ask how you use your computer. I
use mine to do a lot of cut and paste from one program to another. I
change keyboard maps between programs (ever try Dvorak with vim or
Blender3d? but I can't type with query and then next I need German
letters). I have a big HD, lots of memory, a good Graphics card and a
fast CPU. I also love to make my desktop be covered with tons of icons
and files. I love Klipper and Konqueror. I use office software about 7
time a year. All this goes best with KDE.

If I always used the same keyboard or had a small computer or always
used nothing but open office then I would use Fluxbox. If all I did
was email I would use Fluxbox too. Really Fluxbox is rather cool once
you get it set up but it is not as newbie friendly as KDE or Knome.
LOL, that is a funny typo! You say it, "nome." I wonder if I could get
klipper and a good keyboard switcher in Fluxbox?

If I wanted things simple but with power, I might use Gnome.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?