upgrade 8.04 -> 9.04+kde3: how?

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Sun Jun 14 16:34:25 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:

>> The thing is that it was made pretty clear something like a year and a
>> half, or more, ago that Konqueror was going to change. It was no longer
>> going to be "The Swiss Army Knife" tool that it had been before.
>
> That has never been the case, why do you think that? KDE has a new
> default file manager, but Konqueror isn't going anywhere. In fact,
> even with the few things still missing from KDE 3, I find Konqueror in
> KDE 4 more capable than it ever has been as a file manager! Shall I
> list the 3 -> 4 improvements?

In fact, Konqueror-as-file-manager _is_ Dolphin, and should never miss
options that Dolphin has (it could actually happen, if Dolphin features were
not exposed in the dolphin k-part, but I am optimistic that if it ever
happens, wishlist requests to get those features into the dolphin-part will
be looked on favorably).

--
derek