Is there virus removal software for Jaunty KDE

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 14 16:04:28 UTC 2009

On Saturday 13 June 2009 10:09:10 pm Martin Laberge wrote:
> On Saturday 13 June 2009 21:35:58 Richard S. Crawford wrote:
> > If you're
> > using your Linux computer as a mail server, then you definitely need a
> > virus detector like ClamAV to detect and eliminate viruses before they
> > make their way to the mailbox of someone using Windows.
>
> You cant help a Windows user. He/She will always catch something,
> and you will lose your time to correct an uncorrectable mistake.
>
> Use linux, I will help you, Use win and ask someone else for help.
>
> --
> Martin Laberge
> mlsoftlaberge at gmail.com
> mlsoftlaberge at hotmail.com
> mlsoft at videotron.ca
> Tel:(418)521-6823
> Cell:(418)575-2945
> *** 30 Years of Unix Admin, and still learning... **

I don't use anything but Kubuntu Jaunty right now and have 2 of my 3 computers
down right now.  The problem may have been in the computer too long.  There
were a progressive several  changes until I can boot up now, but I cannot get
anything Internet related to function anymore.

I have repeated the story to so many that you probably already   know how the
virus worked, so now the problem is to get virus removal software into the
computer somehow,.  Since package managers and the shell require internet
connection to download and install applications that has been lost in the
offended computer.  I suspect I am wrong about that, but perhaps not.  If I
download a virus application to the laptop, I believe I need to have an
executable package so that I can put it on a thumb drive or CD to install it
in the other computer.  I never learned to install tar balls and have only
heard about them, but unless they are executable, how do I open them.

My daughter's computer and several family computers are Microsoft computer, so
that must be why I haven't heard from them recently.  I probably sent it to
them.  I haven't researched what  the bug may be, because everyone but me is
convinced I don't have one, and I am usually the one who is wrong in cases
like this.  Anyway, what should I do, Martin?  By the way, when looking for
Virus software for kubuntu Jaunty, I came up with Klamov on one case.  Does it
make a difference whether it is for gnome or kubuntu?

Steven