Is there virus removal software for Jaunty KDE

Willy K. Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 16:11:25 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> On Saturday 13 June 2009 10:09:10 pm Martin Laberge wrote:
>> On Saturday 13 June 2009 21:35:58 Richard S. Crawford wrote:
>>> If you're
>>> using your Linux computer as a mail server, then you definitely need a
>>> virus detector like ClamAV to detect and eliminate viruses before they
>>> make their way to the mailbox of someone using Windows.
>> You cant help a Windows user. He/She will always catch something,
>> and you will lose your time to correct an uncorrectable mistake.
>>
>> Use linux, I will help you, Use win and ask someone else for help.
>>
>> --
>> Martin Laberge
>> mlsoftlaberge at gmail.com
>> mlsoftlaberge at hotmail.com
>> mlsoft at videotron.ca
>> Tel:(418)521-6823
>> Cell:(418)575-2945
>> *** 30 Years of Unix Admin, and still learning... **
>
> I don't use anything but Kubuntu Jaunty right now and have 2 of my 3 computers
> down right now.  The problem may have been in the computer too long.  There
> were a progressive several  changes until I can boot up now, but I cannot get
> anything Internet related to function anymore.
>
> I have repeated the story to so many that you probably already   know how the
> virus worked, so now the problem is to get virus removal software into the
> computer somehow,.  Since package managers and the shell require internet
> connection to download and install applications that has been lost in the
> offended computer.  I suspect I am wrong about that, but perhaps not.  If I
> download a virus application to the laptop, I believe I need to have an
> executable package so that I can put it on a thumb drive or CD to install it
> in the other computer.  I never learned to install tar balls and have only
> heard about them, but unless they are executable, how do I open them.
>
> My daughter's computer and several family computers are Microsoft computer, so
> that must be why I haven't heard from them recently.  I probably sent it to
> them.  I haven't researched what  the bug may be, because everyone but me is
> convinced I don't have one, and I am usually the one who is wrong in cases
> like this.  Anyway, what should I do, Martin?  By the way, when looking for
> Virus software for kubuntu Jaunty, I came up with Klamov on one case.  Does it
> make a difference whether it is for gnome or kubuntu?
>
> Steven

i think we have explained more than enough Steven, this is NOT a virus
you have. there are no viruses that infects kubuntu, ok?
you are having a networking issue, an internet issue, maybe you have a
misconfigured ethernet card in your computer. you clearly have something
not correct in your network, but this in NO way is a virus, so stop
wasting your time trying to install an antivirius that will remove
something that doesn't even exist, and be shocked your network is still
down.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems