virtualizing a Windoze install

Howard Coles Jr. dhcolesj at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 02:59:24 UTC 2009

On Saturday 13 June 2009 09:34:06 pm David McGlone wrote:
> On Saturday 13 June 2009 10:27:55 pm Howard Coles Jr. wrote:
> > Ladies and Gents, I have Windoze Vista installed, on one laptop, and
> > Windoze XP, on another.  I vaguely remember reading something about
> > running that physical install as a virtualized guest in Linux
> > (eliminating the need to dual boot).  I remember reading an article about
> > the license key activation and how to avoid having to activate it each
> > time you switched from running in a virtual session and a physical
> > session.
> > The question is, how?
>
> If I understand you correctly, your probably looking for VMware Free or
> VirtualBox. Both work the same, but VMware Free is not open source I
> believe.

No, not necessarily a product, but a process.  How do I take a physical
install and run it as a virtual guest in Linux.  Right now it's on a separate
partition, and I'd like to run it as a guest in my Linux install to avoid ever
having to boot to it again.  I'm not really concerned with what product does
it, just that it does, and how do I do it.

--
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.