Ark and office 2007 files

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 11:34:32 UTC 2009

Donn wrote:
> On Friday, 12 June 2009 12:57:22 O. Sinclair wrote:
>> It is driving me nuts - it sort of works. I got xlsx files working but
>> docx still refuse in Dolphin but works in Konqi... have tried all
>> manners I can think of to associate file types.
> You better let us see what you tried. Be specific.
>
>> Is there a cli way of doing this?
> I have no idea...
ok, first I did install the odf-converter package from this site:
http://katana.oooninja.com/w/odf-converter-integrator
this has worked fine on a number of computers.

On this one however Ark gets called in by Dolphin and Konqueror
I then tried to associate files via Systems Settings / Default
Applications / file associations and adding the formats docx etc to
already existing assocations for Write, Calc and so on. No change
I then right-clicked on one of the files and tried to change assocation
via Properties press button "Type". sort of worked, all files ending
with ..x would open either by Write or Calc but not separate.

After fuming for a while I uninstalled and reinstalled odf-converter.
Now the excelfiles, xlsx suddenly works but not the Word files, docx.

At present they open in Konqueror cause Konqi asks for application to
use. Every time... no way to make it permanent. In Dolphin they are
"unzipped" whatever I try.

Sinclair