Easy way to install e-Sword through wine

steven vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 9 14:06:03 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 09 June 2009 10:38:29 am Pastor JW wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 June 2009 5:06:47 am David McGlone wrote:
> > > On another note:
> > > What is it that makes you e-sword junkies so unhappy with KDE's
> > > bibletime? I always thought that wine was the last possibility when
> > > there is no decent Linux application to do the job. In contrast,
> > > bibletime works simply great imho.
> >
> > I agree. I use Bibletime and It works just as good as e-sword.
>
> I too use BibleTime and find its handling of the Sword modules perfect.
> The new version, 2.0.1 which came out a couple days ago, is spectacular!!
> Kudos to the developers!  And to the Kubuntu packagers for getting it
> available so quickly!  Of course I have depended on the previous versions
> for years and they were also very good!

Dear Pastor JW.  I have asked all the Bibletimes supporters the same question,
and have yet had the answers to the things that I prefer about e-Sword.  It
has been a long time since I tried Bibletime, but at least then, it did not
have the features I use when I am studying scripture.

At this time, I am reading a new translation, the Good News Bible.  It is
important that I can use that translation.  When last I used Bibletime, it was
not available.  Additionally, I use the highlight and underline features.  And
a feature that is not necessary, but very desirable is the ability to increase
font size.  I read from 4 to 6 hours daily and the enlarged print causes less
eye fatigue.  I am in a vacuum right now.   I have been without my e-Sword for
about a month.  I feel spiritually vacant.

Please answer my question about GNB and mentioned features.  If they are now
available in Bibletime, I will struggle no further and install Bibletime.  I
also like many of the alternate offers, like historical mapping, etc.  I can
live without them, but I would rather go through the trouble getting e-Sword
installed than miss those features.  Thanks brother.

Steven